Utah HVAC License

HVAC Training in UTAH

Federal law requires anyone using refrigerants to hold an EPA Certification


Utah does not require a state Journeyman license.

Check local city and county requirements.

Utah requires an HVAC Contractors license:
• S350-Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning
• S360-Refrigeration

How to obtain a Utah HVAC License:
1.  Obtain an application.  Contact the state:  Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing, PO Box 146741, Salt Lake City, UT 84114, (801)530)6628  http://dopl.utah.gov/licensing/contracting.html , or the testing agency PSI: http://candidate.psiexams.com/bulletin/display_bulletin.jsp?ro=yes&actionname=83&bulletinid=276&bulletinurl=.pdf   License application fee is $110.00
2. Applicants must have four years of experience in the last ten years under the supervision of a licensed contractor.
3. Obtain your study materials and take an exam preparation course if possible.  Books allowed: 2006 International Mechanical Code, Utah Amendments to the International Mechanical Code, NASCLA Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project, Management, Utah 1st Edition, National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA), (623) 587-9519, Fax (623) 587-9625.
4. To schedule your exam, contact PSI at 1-800-733-9267.  Exam fee is $110.00.
5. The exam has 75 questions with a three hour time limit and 70% is required to pass.


  1. Michael Glover says:

    We don’t currently sell any training products. We give away our EPA study guide and have some entry level training on the site.
    Have you looked into NATE training?

  2. Troy Wall says:

    I am looking for a training program for my Tech’s
    Please email me some pricing info, availability, courses offered, and anything else we would need to provide valuanle training

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *