HVAC Training in Ohio
Federal law requires anyone using refrigerabts to be EPA 608 Certified.
Ohio offers HVAC license in these categories:
How to obtain a License
- Complete the license application: http://com.ohio.gov/dico/docs/lics_ExamApplication.pdf
and return to: Ohio Department of Commerce, Department of Commerce, OCILB 6606 Tussing Road, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068. Phone (614) 644-3493
- Application fee is $25.00
- Meet the requirements, five years experience in the trade immediately prior to applying, criminal background check, $500,000 liability insurance.
- Obtain study materials: Ohio Mechanical Code, 2007, International Fuel and Gas Code, 2006, Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Schedule an exam with Call PSI for testing info at 1-800-733-9267. Take the exam, Open book, 100 questions, and 70 % to pass. HVAC is 4 hours and refrigeration is 3 hours. Business and Law exam is 1 ½ hours.