HVAC Training in Mississippi
Federal law requires EPA 608 Certification
State Registration or Certification of HVAC technicians in Mississippi is not required.
Mississippi Air Conditioning Contractors License
Mississippi offers a license in the following categories:
- HVAC Contractor
- Refrigeration Contractor
- Mechanical Contractor
Steps to obtain a license:
- Obtain an Application from the Mississippi State Board of Contractors by calling 1-800-880-6161. Requirements include a CPA verified net worth of $20,000.00 to $50,000.00. No minimum experience is requires. Proof of liability and workers compensation insurance is required.
- Obtain study material including the following. A test prep class is recommended.
- Schedule you exam with PSI 800-733-9267. You must pass a Business / Law exam and the trade exam. The business exam is 50 questions in 2 hours. 70% is required to pass. The exam fee is $75.00. The trade exam is 80 questions in 4 hours and requires a 70% correct to pass. Exam fee is $75.00
- 2006 International Mechanical Code
- 2006 International Fuel Gas Code
- OSHA Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- ACCA Ductulator
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible
- Manual J
- Manual N
- Manual D
- NFPA 58 – Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
- Pipe-fitters Handbook