HVAC Training in Florida
Federal law requires EPA 608 Certification
HVAC Training for Florida Service Tech License: No License is Required.
Florida HVAC Contractors License
Florida offers the following license:
- Class A Air Conditioning. All capacities
- Class B Air Conditioning. 25 tons or less
Steps to obtain a license:
- Obtain and complete an application. Florida
Construction Industry Licensing Board by calling 1-850-487-1395 http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/servop/testing/documents/exam_applic_pack.pdf
- Meet requirements including 4 years experience, $2000.00
to 20,000.00 net worth and minimum business insurance
- Purchase the recommended books and enroll in a license
- Schedule your exam and pay your registration fee
- Pay $80.00 test fee for the “Business and
Finance” exam and an additional $80. For the AC exam.
- The business exam is computer based and the AC
tests are paper based. You have 4.5
hours and must score 70% to pass. The
exam is open book.