HVAC Training in South Carolina
Federal law requires EPA 608 Certification
South Carolina Journeyman and Master HVAC Air Conditioning Technician
Some cities may require a Journeyman or Masters license obtained from MASC
How to obtain a Journeyman or Masters license:
- Journeyman must show proof of 2 years experience or 1 year experience and 2 years trade school. Masters must document 4 years experience.
- Apply to MASC for an application package. $25.00 fee. You will receive a list of study materials with the package. http://www.masc.sc/SiteCollectionDocuments/Trade%20brochure.pdf Municipal Association of SC, 1411 Gervais Street, PO Box, 12109 1260 Energy Lane, Columbia, SC 29211, Email: email@example.com, www.prometric.com, www.masc.sc
- You will receive instruction to contact Prometric to take the exam and pay a $90.00 exam fee.
South Carolina Air Conditioning Contractors License
South Carolina offers the following Air Conditioning License
- Residential Heating and Air Conditioning License
- Mechanical Air Conditioning License
Steps to obtain a license, Residential:
- Contact and obtain a license application: South Carolina Residential Builders Commission, Residential Heating & Air Conditioning License, South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, PO Box 11329, Columbia, S.C. 29211, Phone (803) 896-4696, http://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/ResidentialBuilders/index.asp?file=PUB.htm or call 803-896-4501 and request that an application form be mailed to you. Complete the application and one year work experience form and mail with the $100.00 application fee.
- When you receive your Examination Eligibility letter,schedule your HVAC Exam and the Residential Business Management and Law Exam with PSI. PSI Examination Services, (800) 733-9267, Fax: (818) 247-3853, http://www.psiexams.com
- Take the exams. Exam fee is $100.00. You must pass the exams within one year of receiving approval.
- Submit your passing letter, a $10,000 bond and first year fee of $100.00 to the state.
Steps to obtain a Mechanical Air Conditioning License:
- Contact (PSI) at (800) 733-9267 and request: “The South Carolina Contractors Application Package”. www.psiexams.com
- Complete the “candidate information bulletin”, “Contractors application doc #165” and SC Code of Laws Take Home Exam, doc. 170.”
- Submit your documents and $175 fee to PSI and schedule your exams, Business and Trade
- Submit your passing documents from PSI to the state with your proof of 2 years of experience.