HVAC Training in Oklahoma
Federal law requires EPA Certification
To work in the HVAC trades in Oklahoma you must have a journeyman’s license and must work under the supervision of a licensed Oklahoma HVAC contractor.
In order to obtain an HVAC Journeyman’s license in Oklahoma, you must take and pass an Exam.
In order to take the exam:
• Must be at least eighteen years old.
• Must have 3 years of proven experience in the mechanical industry and in the category that he will be making an application.
• Or Have an associates diploma / Technical diploma received from an institution approved by the Committee, as well as 1 year of proven experience in the mechanical industry.
The journeyman examination includes seventy questions and a time limit of 3 hours. A result of 75% is needed to pass.
The journeyman trade examination and license fee is $75. The license is for one year however, all licenses run out on June 30 each year.
Books and Study Materials
• International Mechanical Code
• International Fuel Gas Code
• ACCA Ductulator
• Trane Ductulator
• OSHA, Code of Federal Regulations – Title 29, Part 1926
• Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standards (NAIMA)
• Carrier System Design Manual – Part III; Piping Design
The exams are given by:
3210 East Tropicana
Las Vegas, NV 89121