HVAC Training in North Dakota
Federal law requires an EPA 608 certification for anyone handling refrigerant.
HVAC techs are not required to hold a trade certification or license.
HVAC Contractors are not required to hold an HVAC license but are required to hold a contractors license for work over $2000.00. This license is really just a business registration.
North Dakota offers the following license based on sales:
- Class A $unlimited Fee. $300.00
- Class B up to $250,000 Fee. $200.00
- Class C up to $150.000 Fee. $150.00
- Class D up to $50,000 Fee. $50
Steps to obtain a license:
- Make application to: http://www.nd.gov/eforms/Doc/sfn12012.pdf Secretary of State, State
of North Dakota, 600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 108 Bismarck ND 58505-0500, Telephone 701-328-3665, Toll Free 800-352-0867
- Furnish liability insurance and workers compensation.