Michigan HVAC License

HVAC Training Michigan

HVAC Training Michigan

HVAC Training in Michigan

Federal law requires anyone using refrigerants to hold an EPA Certification.


Michigan requires a Mechanical Contractors License

• HVAC/Refrigeration License

How to obtain a license

1. Contact the State for an application:  http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dleg/dleg_bcc_mechanical_contractor_exam_app_262467_7.pdf

2. Submit experience (3 years min) and criminal background documentation, $100.00 application fee and application to the state.
Mechanical Contractor License Examination 127
Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth
Bureau of Construction Codes / Mechanical Division
P.O. Box 30255, Lansing, MI 48909
3. Order your study materials and take an exam prep course if possible.  The exam covers code, law and your trade specialty.


  1. admin says:

    Check the bottom of the home page or the directory on the right margin for the requirements for each state.
    Good luck.

  2. Randall Opsasnick says:

    I am looking for reference information, and or training to pass a state exam. I have a degree in climate control from Macomb College and EPA certs.Now I would like to get a Mechanical Contractors License.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *