HVAC Training in Arkansas
HVAC Technicians are not licensed in Arkansas.
Federal Law requires anyone handling refrigerants to hold an EPA Certification.
Arkansas requires one of two licenses for HVAC Contractors:
- HVAC Class A- Unlimited
- HVAC Class B – 15 tons or less
You must take a residential or commercial contractors exam. Four years of experience for residential and five years for commercial and prior approval are required to take the exam.
Application to take the exam: http://aclb.arkansas.gov/applyContractorsLicense/Pages/default.aspx
Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board
4100 Richards Road North Little Rock, AR 72117
- Class A, one hundred questions and four hours. Class B, fifty questions and three hours
- Business and Law exam is fifty questions, two hours
- Seventy percent required to passThe exam is open book
- Administered by Prometric. Call 1-888-763-0131 or visit www.experioronline.com
- Business and Law exam Register for ARO4 Program name Exam Code 100
- Exam fee is $80
- Contractors Guide to Business, Law and Project Management, Arkansas Edition
- 2006 Arkansas Gas Code
- 2005 National Electrical Code
- 2010 Arkansas Mechanical Code
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning